Orange is my favorite color

In my post on synchronizing Transfer ORM with TransferSync, I used Apache ActiveMQ 5.1.0 which was not reliable for me. After about a week of uptime, one of the hosts would invariably lose its connection to the queue and TransferSync would start throwing errors. I thought I had solved it via a wireFormat configuration option but it didn’t fix the problem.

Three weeks ago I grabbed the latest ActiveMQ 5.2.0 and I’ve been running it locally in development and production. I haven’t had a single queue failure since. There were over 100 bugs fixed in this release so I would strongly recommend upgrading if you’re using ActiveMQ with TransferSync to keep your cluster of ColdFusion servers synchronized.

1 Comment

  1. Synchronizing Transfer ORM in a Model-Glue/Coldspring cluster with TransferSync » said:

    on January 26, 2009 at 11:36 am

    [...] Update 1/26/09 – The wireFormat change did seem to improve things, but I still had occasional failures with ActiveMQ. I’ve updated to 5.2.0 and that has solved the problem for me. See more in my new post TransferSync stable on ActiveMQ 5.2.0. [...]

{ RSS feed for comments on this post}